We all experience some form of emotional distress at some point in our lives. Sometimes, coping with that distress can become too difficult and we need to turn to others for help. Telford Mind offers support to anyone who finds it hard to cope…With a Drop-In & Counselling Centre, Art Classes, Relax Studio Tai Chi Relaxation, forward mission Befriending Service and more. Call in or phone us. We Care. We Listen. We Can Help.
Telford Mind Wellbeing Centre is in Sutton Hill. It runs services both in the Centre and out in the community.
Telford Mind is a Local Mind Association affiliated to national Mind and a leading local charity. It has been established for 27 years. It has a small team of paid workers and a large team of volunteers who are passionate about what they do. Telford Mind relaunched in March 2010 as a Wellbeing Centre showing its commitment to Recovery and to building wellbeing and resilience.
Telford Mind offers support to people in emotional or mental distress and helps people to improve their wellbeing. The Wellbeing Centre is open to all who wish to improve their wellbeing.
Telford Mind Promotes Wellbeing. Thats Telford Mind’s Mission.
Telford Mind is an independent voluntary organisation that is affiliated to national Mind. It exists to promote and support better mental health in Telford and Wrekin and the surrounds. Telford Mind works to promote recovery, aiming to provide high quality services for people who are experiencing mental health issues and / or emotional distress. It also offers support to people undertaking caring roles.Telford Mind works to promote independence and inclusion. It challenges stigma. It promotes self confidence and self reliance and designs and delivers appropriate services and activities through service user participation in development and governance. We promote wellbeing.
Telford Mind Core ValuesThe following values are the basis of the way in which Telford Mind operates.
- Every person, whether volunteer, employee or user of services, is treated with respect as an individual with individual needs.
The service promotes equality and diversity and challenges stigma and inequalities.
- The Service works to a Recovery model to enable people to maintain and/or rebuild meaningful, valued and satisfying lives even in the face of ongoing mental health issues. Telford Mind actively supports service users to acquire the skills, knowledge and strength they need to deal with their own mental health issues and to move forwards.
- Telford Mind respects service user confidentiality and promotes trust. All information relating to a user is treated as confidential and not transferred to a third party unless withholding that information could result in harm to self or others. Records are kept for the benefit of the service user; to ensure effective joint planning and review and the duty of care of user’s safety.
- All members of the workforce, paid and unpaid, are valued for their contribution and have clear lines of support and appropriate training and supervision.
- All service users have the opportunity to be involved on working teams or to stand as trustees or service representatives. Service users are encouraged to undertake roles within the organisation and are given support and training. Service users’ views and feedback are central to the review, report, improvement and development of services.
Wellbeing Centre Opening Hours – Want To Be Part Of The Team? Contact Sam joyce On: 01952680026.
Monday: 9.00 am – 4.30 pm
Tuesday: 9.00 am – 4.30 pm
Wednesday: 9.00 am – 4.30 pm
Thursday: 12.00 am – 4.30 pm
Friday: 9.00 am – 4.30 pm
Telford Mind is a registered charity and has to work hard for its money. Donations, grants and fundraising keep it going. Its charity registration number is 516444